Sunday, March 11, 2007

Well, my friends. It's been a rough week, the worst so far. I stay so tired but I make myself go!! I don't plan on laying down and playing dead. I'm now halfway through with my chemo and start radiation next Monday. Good news, even if it is vane!! I'm not going to lose my hair. I really dreaded that ,cause right now, I can put the cancer , in the back of my  mind and try to forget it but if I were to lose my hair, it would be a constant reminder. The Lord works in mysterious ways and I do believe that this was one. One thing I have noticed, lately is that I spend more time with nature. Watching birds,squirrels  and the blooming of all the new growth, around me. Seems it all has a more special meaning than before. Funny, how before I took so much of this for granted. God sends wake up calls to each of us, just in different ways. I have an off week, this week, meaning no treatments. Yippee!! Hopefully I can regain my strength by next week. Until we meet again, may God bless each of you, in whatever you or yours need. Keep smiling, hugs,Barbara

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Barb:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Yes the Lord does work in mysterious ways. My aunt lost her hair during treatment and it grew back a different color and curly! It was very mysterious.

Will keep you in my prayers this week that you regain your strength and have many many years to experience the regrowth of Spring.

Leona
http://journals.aol.com/leonaoflaherty/leonas-daily-notes

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your week off!  How nice that you get to keep your hair!  Thinking of you...Jae

Anonymous said...

 I am glad your not losing you hair.  Hope the radiation goes well.  Take care.

             Julie

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara, Deb sent me over. I will drop by from time to time. I am also praying for your fast healing and recovery and victory from this cancer. It seems so wide spread these days. I don't know if you know the others on Jland that has cancer too, Sugar from http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/SUGARSLIFE/   or
Jeannette from http://journals.aol.com/JeannettesJottings. Both have been recently diagnosed with different cancers. Sugar has ovarian cancer and Jeannette has breast cancer, she goes in for surgery tomorrow morning. I believe with all the positive prayers going out from Jland friends, you all will be just fine. We have to all stick together for each other, we all are sisters. God takes care of his children. Take care and go by and visit the others, draw on each others strength.  Make sure you get plenty of rest, fluids, and exercise when you are up to it, the sooner the better, to get your strength back.
Love you,
God bless,
Liz in Va.
http://journals.aol.com/bethjunebug/Bethjunebug

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
Just found your journal, hope you'll come visit mine.
I was just diagnosed with cancer & will be having surgery on the 27th.
Maybe we can be of support for ea other. Will follow your times as you get chemo. Knowing radiation 7 possible chemo is in my future.
There are a few of us in J-Land that have dreaded C. I have some of our Support Tags on my side bar. If you'd like, I'd love to put one for you there too. Let me know. {{ }}
Praying for you.
Sugar
http://journals.aol.co,/sugarsweet056/SUGARSLIFE/
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/INHISNAME/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Continued prayers for you!

Gretchen
http://journals.aol.com/ksgal3133/LivinginSavannah2

Anonymous said...

Hi ... I'm here from Deb's Journal.  I'm sorry that you are going through this, but was pleased to see you able to pull together so much positiveness.  Maybe this would be the time to get a bag of peanuts and make really goof friends with one of those squirrels who could stop by everyday.  I've heard too that if you feed the birds, they will come by and sing lovely songs especially for you.  God Bless.  Ann