Friday, October 19, 2007

Hi all at J-Land. I'd like to take this time to thank my special friend, Deb and all her friends that have heard about my cancer being relapsed and have left such kind words. It's still hard for me to believe, that the cancer is back and bigger than it was to start with. Just 4 months ago, it was an inch, now three inches. I was so in hopes, that what they saw was a scar but that wasn't meant to be. Ok, the fight shall continue!! I will not give up. Besides, LOL, I'm already experienced in fighting!! I start my chemo, again, Oct. 23. This could be a lengthy session, I go 3 weeks, once a week, for chemo and then off 3 weeks. This could last, up to 9 months. Evey six weeks, they will do a new cat scan and see if I'm responding. I still know that God has a reason and has brought me this far and I'll continue to leave it in His hands. God be with each of you and keep you safe. Hugs,Barbara

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barbara, I am so sorry to hear your cancer is back, you are in my prayers, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

In Dec. 2005 I lost my mother. Feb. 2006 my step-dad had surgery on a brain tumor that returned after 20 years. It was slow growing and not cancer. By the end of 2006 it returned growing very fast. He went in and had radiation with I believe the gamma knife. He has been put on different kinds of meds after all the surgery, but he is still here and not hurting. He is not as strong as he use to be. He just bought a new truck. I know that yours is not like his.. but please don't give up hope. All things are possible with God if it is His will. You are in my prayers and I know how discouraging this information is for you. Praying that God will give you strength to go through what His plans are for you. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara,
don't stop fighting...keeping you in my prayers..
Gem~

Anonymous said...

Sending up prayers for you my fellow warrior!
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Hi...I came from Deb's... I will be praying for you...do keep up the fight..we will all be here to pray and offer support...Big hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

you are not in this alone:) please keep writing your thoughts and fears ok? J-land is great and they do care:)
love you so much

Deb

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hi there!  Hear about you on Deb's journal.  I'm glad you are journaling.  It is a good release.   My prayers are with you and I hope for a miracle for you.  You just never know.  I've had two bouts with breast cancer and the second time the chemo was tough.   Sounds like you know the the score with the sideeffects...I'm hoping that you will stay strong and keep heart....sounds like you have a good spirit!   Maria